- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons organic sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Cayenne, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- ½ pound corned beef, cut into cubes (we recommend Smoking Goose corned beef)
- 4 eggs
Preheat oven to 450°. Toss sweet potatoes in sunflower oil. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and cayenne. Place coated sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Watch closely to make sure they don’t burn. Set aside.
Place a skillet (preferably cast iron) over low-medium heat and add butter. When the butter is melted, add the onions and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook at low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so they do not burn. If they start to burn, turn the heat down.
Once the onions are caramelized, add corned beef to the skillet and the roasted sweet potatoes. Stir occasionally until the corned beef is warmed through.
While the hash is finishing, fry 4 eggs in an oiled skillet. To serve, dish out 4 portions of hash and top each with a fried egg.