- 2 small red beets, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 small golden beets, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 small Chioggia beets, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, flattened with the side of a knife
- Chives, chopped
Place each type of beet and the fennel in individual small bowls. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, sugar and salt. Add the garlic clove into the dressing mixture and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
Remove the garlic clove from the dressing. Place 1½ tablespoons of dressing in each bowl. Toss with the vegetables. Layer the vegetables 1 group at a time on a platter. Sprinkle chives over the top and serve.