Strawberries, some of our most fragile seasonal produce, taste best eaten fresh in your car on the way home from the farmers market or right out of the patch at the U-pick. Here in the U.S., we h...
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot (about 1 small whole shallot)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 roasted beet (about ½ cup), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ½ cup basil leaves, julienned
- ¼ cup soft crumbled goat cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, vinegar, shallot, pepper and olive oil. Set aside.
Place the arugula on a platter, arrange the strawberries, beets, pistachios, basil and goat cheese over top. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.
Related Stories & Recipes
This salad showcases the beautiful colors of midsummer eating. Enjoy the sweet, sour, crunchy mix of these ingredients for an appetizer or as a side dish.
Try this traditional French preparation to enhance a less-than-stellar wine. Serve as a nice dessert to finish an outdoor summer meal.
This cake is perfect for a special summer occasion when strawberries are at their peak. You can also serve it on its own or with your favorite chocolate frosting.