- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½–1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 pound yellow squash and zucchini, cut into thick slices (about ½-inch pieces)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 2 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 cup cashews, toasted
- 2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet to medium-high heat and sauté the scallions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Add the squash, zucchini and mushrooms; cook for 2–3 minutes, until tender. Add the bean sprouts, cashews, Swiss chard and soy sauce; cook for 1–2 minutes.
Serve over rice or noodles.
Adapted by Alyssa Brake, personal chef, South Bend from Everyday Thai by Parragon Publishing