- 3 cups whole milk (or almond, coconut or other milk alternative)
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 whole dried ancho or, for more heat, guajillo pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 6 ounces good-quality chocolate (65–85% cacao), broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- 30 drops Scorched Earth Bitters (or more to taste)
Place the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the cardamom pods and pepper. When the milk is simmering (don’t boil!), whisk in the chocolate and honey. Remove from the heat and add the bitters. Place in small mugs or cups and serve.