- 6–8 radishes, about 1½ cups, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 dried red chili peppers
- 1 lemon, zested, about 1 teaspoon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger
- ½ tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Massage the radishes with salt and allow them to sit for 20 minutes.
Rinse the radishes thoroughly with water. In a medium bowl place the radishes, peppers, lemon zest, pickled and fresh ginger, sugar and rice vinegar. Mix well and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.