- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ pound Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and chopped into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 3 potatoes, about ½ pound
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups (24 ounces) chicken stock or broth, plus more to thin the soup
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, diced
- 4 tablespoons soft goat cheese
- Microgreens, for serving
Place the butter and salt in a pot over medium heat. Add the Jerusalem artichokes, potatoes and onions and sweat for 10–15 minutes by placing the lid back on the pot, stirring every few minutes. If the vegetables begin to brown, lower the heat. Add the chicken stock and cook until the vegetables are tender. Purée the mixture and return to the heat. Adjust the seasoning.
To serve: Divide the bacon, chives and goat cheese among 4 bowls. Pour the soup over the top and garnish with the microgreens.