Freshen Your Drinks with Homegrown Herbs and Spices Part II
- 1 jalapeño ring (about a half inch in height, or cut to taste)
- ½ ounce simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 ounces mezcal (I like Sombra Mezcal)
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 4–6 ounces Barritt’s Ginger Beer
- 3 drops Bittermens Hellfire Habanero Shrub
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 2 cups of sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool thoroughly before using. Store leftover syrup in the refrigerator.
Muddle jalapeño ring and syrup.
Add mezcal and lime juice.
Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice.
Top with ginger beer and Habanero Shrub.
Garnish with some thin slices of jalapeño.