- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 2 cups), chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced, soaked in water and drained; or ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 potato (about ½ cup), peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Place the olive oil or butter in the bottom of a medium-size heavy Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the asparagus, leeks, potato and salt.
Put the lid on the pot and sweat the vegetables for about 10 minutes. Make sure to stir every few minutes so the potatoes don’t stick to the bottom of the pan and the other vegetables don’t brown. Turn down the heat if necessary.
Add wine and broth to the pan and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to combine. Adjust the salt as necessary.
Serve in individual bowls. Top with a spoonful of yogurt and sprinkle with fresh dill.
Edible Michiana original recipe