Tri-color beans are a versatile ingredient for quick midsummer meals. There are bush varieties and pole beans; they come in green, yellow and purple. The green and yellow beans stay fairly true to ...
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound green beans, ends removed and snapped in half
- 1 cup black olives, seeds removed and halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced shallot
Boil a pot of water and add 1 tablespoon salt. Put the green beans in the water and boil for 6 to 7 minutes until tender, yet crisp. Drain the water and put the green beans in a bowl with olives, feta, almonds, oregano, garbanzo beans and cherry tomatoes.
Whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, black pepper, olive oil, cider vinegar and shallot.
Toss the vegetables with dressing. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve at room temperature.
Related Stories & Recipes
A perfect dish for those young potatoes that come to market in late summer. Feel free to add other root vegetables to the mix, such as sweet potatoes, beets, turnips or carrots. Great served with g...
Pair a flavorful combination of spices with fresh green beans to create a savory summer dish. Serve with cilantro and basmati rice.