- 1/2 cup vinegar (apple cider or white)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Fresh dill to taste
- 2 large cucumbers or 1 3/4 pounds small pickling cucumbers, sliced
In a quart Mason jar, place the vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic, mustard, pepper and dill. Add the cucumber slices and fill with warm water to within 1/2 inch of the mouth of the jar. Put on lid and shake. Place in the fridge for 24 hours, then enjoy.
Refrigerated, Grandpa Albie’s pickles keep for three weeks, but we guarantee they won’t last that long.
Recipe courtesy of Granor Farm