- 1 cup Tenera Grains Ivory Teff Flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseeds, ground
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2½ cups peeled and grated carrots (about 4 small carrots or 3 larger ones)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yield: 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine teff flour, brown rice flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into a large bowl.
Grate your carrots using a smaller zester/grater as opposed to a food processor. You want a little bit of carrot in every bite. Add the carrots, walnuts and raisins to your dry mixture.
Heat up the coconut oil and maple syrup in a little saucepan on the stove. Beat the eggs and then slowly add the coconut oil mixture to the eggs.
Spoon in the yogurt and vanilla extract to the egg mixture and mix well. Add that mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Scoop into greased muffin tins and bake for 12–13 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Let them cool on a rack for at least 15 minutes before serving
Related Stories & Recipes
These decadent, chewy brownies are perfect way to get teff flour into your dessert regimen. No one will know these are gluten-free.
Adapted from a recipe by Claire Smith of T...